Fast Growing Plants
FTD makes it easy for you to bring the beauty of the outdoors into your home or office with fast-growing plants that are easy to care for and thrive in indoor conditions. Fast growing green or flowering plants are the perfect way to brighten up drab corners, barren hallways, and add a lush and lively feel to any space!
Fast Growing Plants Online at FTDFast growing plants are an ideal way to brighten up the interior of your home or office and add some tropical, topiary interest to tables, hallways, and unused spaces. You can find your perfect fast-growing plant online at FTD, with a wide variety of potted plants suited to accent any space. Whether you’re looking for a smaller potted plant to place on a table or windowsill, or a larger potted floor plant, FTD has just what you’re looking for. Check out some of our favorite fast-growing plants:
- Fiddle Leaf Fig- Also known as a ficus, this tropical little tree grows continuously throughout the year without going dormant. With plenty of light and water, the fiddle leaf fig can grow 1-2 feet per year! Make sure you give this fast-growing plant plenty of space in a roomy area on the floor.
- Rubber Tree- The rubber trees sturdy, glossy leaves make this fast-growing plant a favorite indoor plant. Also considered a tree, outdoor rubber plants can grow up to up to 60 feet tall! However, typical indoor rubber trees need to be in larger pots on the floor and will stand as high as 6-10 feet from the ground. Rubber trees like bright, indirect light and not too much water.
- Peace Lily- If you’re looking for a fast-growing plant that flowers, then the Spathiphyllum, or Peace Lily, is the perfect combination of a green plant and a flower arrangement. The large, deep green fronds are the perfect compliment to the creamy white lily flowers that bloom once or even twice a year. The plant itself usually reaches between 1-4 feet in height.
- Snake Plant- Also known as Mother-in-law Tongue due to the shape of the tall, blade-like leaves, the snake plant is a perfect house plant. Requiring little light or water, this fast-growing plant can be anywhere from 12 inches to 3 feet and is also known for removing toxins from the air.
- Spider Plant- The spider plant is best as a hanging or trailing plant since its curly leaves drop down like little hanging spiders. Spider plants are one of the most popular fast-growing plants since they are easy to care for and can grow up to 3 feet in a short amount of time. Perfect for hanging from the ceiling or to let trail down from the top of a bookcase, they also make easy gifts when you cut off the little plantlets to propagate a new plant.
- Pothos- The Pothos is a trailing vine plant with lush, heart-shaped leaves that make it an attractive desk or tabletop plant. The Pothos is a hearty, adaptable plant that grows well without constant care. Also known as the Devil’s Head, the tropical Pothos plant also helps purify the air of toxins. Vines can grow quicker if exposed to more light and can reach over 2 feet in length.
- Jade Plant- Jade plants are an attractive choice for a unique indoor mini tree. Their woody stems are covered in oval-shaped, succulent leaves is said to be good for tranquility and Feng Shuai. Jade plants are a fast-growing plant that likes a lot of sun and warmer temperatures. Even though they may start as small as 6 inches in height, with proper care it can quickly reach up to 5 feet in height.