Valentine’s Day flowers are a very popular way to express one’s love and affection, which is why they play an important role in Valentine’s Day gifting. Red roses, orchids and myrtle flowers are some of the best gifts to give on Valentine’s Day because they represent love and romance. So, to stand out from the rest, why not accompany your flowers with a flower quote or pun? Flower quotes and puns are a fun and unique way to show your Valentine just how much you care, without breaking the bank.
To help you choose a phrase to impress your love this holiday we have compiled 50 of the best flower quotes and puns around. Choose a sincere flower quote to express deep feeling or send a funny flower pun to put a smile on that special someone’s face.
“Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow.” – John Lennon
“A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” – Max
“Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” – Victor Hugo
“If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.” – Claudia Adrienne Grandi
“Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same.” – Helen Keller
“If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly our whole life would change.” – Buddha
“Minds are like flowers; they open only when the time is right.” – Stephen Richards
“Flowers… are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty out values all the utilities in the world.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“A rose can never be a sunflower, and a sunflower can never be a rose. All flowers are beautiful in their own way, and that’s like women too.” – Miranda Kerr
“Love is flower like; Friendship is like a sheltering tree.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
11. “The rose is the flower and handmaiden of love – the lily, her fair associate, is the emblem of beauty and purity.” – Dorothea Dix
12. “Flowers… are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty out values all the utilities in the world.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. “Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.” – Gerard De Nerval
14. “Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.” – John Harrigan
15. “Politeness is the flower of humanity.” – Joseph Joubert
16. “Flowers are like friends; They bring color to your world.” – Unknown
17. “Earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “Flowers don’t tell, they show.” – Stephanie Skeem
19. “Flowers are the music of the ground. From earth’s lips spoken without sound.” – Edwin Curran
20.“The butterfly is a flying flower, the flower a tethered butterfly.” – Ecouchard Le Brun
21. “Flowers don’t worry about how they’re going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful.” – Jim Carrey
22. “The flower that follows the sun does so even in cloudy days.” – Robert Leighton
23. “Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see the flowers in it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. “Where flowers bloom so does hope.” – Lady Bird Johnson
25. “Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.” – Luther Burbank
26. I hope thistle show you how much I love you!
27. Not a daisy goes by where I don’t think about you.
28. I never want you to leaf me.
29. Our tulips should kiss.
30. Hey bud, how’s it growing?
31. I really lilac you.
32. Aloe you vera much.
33. You’re my best bud!
34. We’re mint to be.
35. Life would succ without you.
36. Don’t stop beleafing.
37. I will love you till the end of thyme.
38. You had me at aloe.
39. Oh snapdragon!
40. I love you mum, you’re the best!
41. Iris you a happy Valentine’s Day.
42. We should put our tulips together this Valentine’s day.
43. What’s up buttercup?
44. I love you tulip much!
45. What in carnation?
46. I can’t wait to see our love grow and grow and grow.
47. Just wanted to say aloe!
48. I will seed you later!
49. I love you a lily more each day.
50. My love for you blossoms every day.
Valentine’s Day is all about celebrating the people who mean the most to you in life. Whether that be your significant other, daughter, or close friend, sending a flower quote or pun with a romance bouquet or box of chocolates will always put a smile on their face. For more ideas on how to show your loved ones you care check out our candlelit dinner and romantic picnic ideas.