Show your Valentine how much you “get” who they are by sending them a Valentine’s Day gift based on their own unique personality. Based on a psychological personality test known as the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator, one can discover which common personality traits a person most embodies.
While we all may collectively have a lot of similar personality traits displayed in different situations, the Meyers-Briggs test is a clever way to see which traits stand as more dominant. Thus, exploring which personality type most resembles your sweetheart is a creative way to tailor your Valentine’s Day gift to match their personality. Each category differentiates between and ranks a person’s tendency to favor the following characteristics:
- Extrovert (E) vs. Introvert (I): Is your significant other more outgoing vs. quiet or reserved?
- Sensing (S) vs. Intuition (N): Does your partner like concrete facts or can imagine multiple solutions to problems?
- Thinking (T) vs. Feeling (F): Does your partner like to contemplate things for a while and weigh the data, or likes make decisions based on hunches or feelings?
- Judging (J) vs. Perceiving (P): Is your partner set in his or her way of thinking or more open and ready to “go with the flow”?
Valentine’s Day Gifts Based on Personality Type
Based on the categories above, you’ll find a combination of letters in the order of which traits best match your significant other in order of dominance. Is your sweetheart more traditional, private, outgoing, practical, artistic, or appreciates surprises? Check out which personality type best typifies your sweetheart and find out the best Valentine’s Day gift offered by FTD based on his or her own unique personality:
- ISTJ: Your honey is a logical thinker who is determined, dependable, and values tradition. Your best bet would be a classic Valentine’s Day gift that includes a stunning bouquet of Valentine’s Day flowers accompanied by a gift basket filled with gourmet chocolate candy, and a bottle of their signature fragrance.
- ISFJ: Loyal, considerate, and committed, your sweetheart strives to create harmony and happiness in your relationship. This personality type would appreciate a sentimental gift such as a Valentine’s Day plant that can be nurtured for years to come. Couple that with a basket of Mrs. Field’s cookies and brownie bites to emphasize how sweet your love is.
- INFJ: Your partner is an insightful observer who values close relationships and thinks about the greater good. A unique Valentine’s Day gift for this personality would be a refreshing fruit gift basket or a sweet gift basket filled with scrumptious chocolate covered Oreo cookies, along with a virtual adoption of an endangered animal.
- INTJ: Quiet, but driven and independent, this heartthrob has high standards for everything. The Godiva Chocolate Tower gift majestically displays six golden boxes stacked with outstanding Godiva chocolate-covered treats that are sure to meet the highest standards. Adding a piece of jewelry couldn’t hurt either!
- ISTP: Analytical and efficient, your one and only appreciates order and symmetry while still open to different ideas. Cater to this personality type with a classic bouquet of of Valentine’s Day roses that will symmetrically pair with your favorite bottle of wine or some chocolate covered strawberries.
- ISFP: This partner is easy to please with their sensitive, flexible nature and dislikes conflict. The sky’s the limit with this personality! Your Valentine’s Day gift could be anything from flowers to plants, food gift baskets, or gourmet chocolates, books, clothes, or a magazine subscription and they’d love any of them because they were from you.
- INFP: Your favorite flame sees the best in everything and desires a personal connection without being pushed before they’re ready. Keep it light, while still romantic, with a charcuterie gift basket filled with an assortment of meats, cheeses, and snacks. Pair it with some cute sock with animals or a funny saying to complete this thoughtful gift that doesn’t have any hidden agenda.
- INTP: Your love is the silent, thoughtful type that likes to contemplate life with logic and an open mind. Contemplate your relationship together and enjoy a luxurious spa gift basket filled with sumptuous smelling soaps, lotions and scrubs with which you can experiment while enjoying a bottle of your favorite wine.
- ESTP: Your sweetheart is smart and focused on living in the moment while taking part in adventures. This personality type would enjoy the variety of adventurous treats in the Golden Gourmet gift basket filled with a wide array of sweets like chocolate, popcorn, nuts, caramel, and more!
- ESFP: Outgoing, friendly, and likes to try new things, your sweetheart loves the finer things in life while still having fun. An ideal Valentine’s Day gift for this decadent personality would be the Fine and Fancy Gift basket filled with gourmet Godiva chocolates, snacks, and cookies, or an elegant gift basket filled with luscious, Belgian chocolate dipped strawberries.
- ENFP: Spontaneous, flexible, and imaginative, your sweetheart sees life as a world full of possibilities. Explore all that life has to offer with a gift filled with lots of choices like a gourmet food basket filled with an assortment of meats, cheeses, crackers, spreads, nuts, dried fruits, and more. You can even make an indoor picnic on a blanket in front of the fireplace while taking a virtual tour of a foreign museum or city.
- ENTP: Quick-witted and perceptive, your paramour is an artist who likes to mix things up. Make their Valentine’s Day gift unpredictable with an unexpected bonsai or a sassy succulent. This personality type appreciates gifts that are outside of the box.
- ESTJ: Matter-of-fact and logical, your love is efficient and decisive and likes to get right down to business. Go for a practical gift like a gift basket filled with gourmet coffee or tea to get their day started right. Or get right down to the business of romance by feeding each other chocolates and confections from a sweet Valentine’s Day gift basket while dressed in sexy PJs to see where the night leads.
- ESFJ: This sweetheart is an emotional giver who yearns for a meaningful connection. The perfect Valentine’s Day gift based on this personality should revolve around romance with a bouquet of their favorite Valentine’s Day flowers, a bottle of champagne, and a romantic card with a personalized message or poem. Top it off with a sweet box of Belgian chocolate-dipped strawberries and talk about what you love about your relationship.
- ENFJ: The object of your affection is warm, caring, and sociable, and enjoys sentimentality. He or she would appreciate a sentimental bouquet of Valentine’s Day flowers with a sweet message on the card along with delicious tin of Mrs. Field’s cookies. What makes you feel warmer than love and chocolate chip cookies? Look through old pictures of places you’ve been together throughout your relationship.
- ENTJ: A natural leader that knows what they want, your dearest one appreciates structure, planning, and a predictable outcome. This personality type would appreciate their favorite dinner and drinks, topped off with a luscious sweet treat like an assortment of gooey brownie bites.
No matter what personality type you’re shopping for this Valentine’s Day, any gift is more special when you personalize it with memories and significance that’s unique to your own relationship and experiences. The gifts are merely an accent to the love and affection your have for one another.