Every holiday brings us closer to the people around us but there’s something extra special about Christmas that leaves a glowing effect on our lives. We want you to embrace the meaning of the season with a Christmas greeting for your family, friends and colleagues. Elevate your Christmas greetings this year with our tips for composing a Christmas card below.
- 75 Christmas Wishes to Spread the Cheer
- Business Christmas Messages
What to Write in a Christmas Card
Spreading cheer with Christmas gifts is only one part of the season. Another important component is sharing words of adoration and affection with those who have touched our lives. Christmas cards provide the opportunity to reach out to those you might not have spoken to in a while. Now, count your blessings and share the Christmas spirit. If you’re not sure where to start, follow our festive steps below to craft a heartwarming card.
Start with a Friendly Christmas Greeting
Address the recipient with a traditional Christmas greeting such as “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays,” followed by their name. For cards addressed to an entire family, write the holiday greeting, then their last name followed by “family.” For example, “Merry Christmas Smith Family!”
Add a Personal Touch or Inspiring Christmas Message
Select from one of our inspiring Christmas messages below or reflect on a fond memory you have with the recipient — either will evoke a heartfelt feeling. Plus, there’s nothing better than a personalized message! Below we include messages suited for anyone you wish a warm holiday to.
Share a Christmas Quote or Religious Christmas Saying to Tie the Card Together
For those who emphasize the reason for the season, include a relevant quote or religious Christmas message. This is the perfect way to connect with loved ones — just be mindful of the recipient’s religious traditions. We include religious Christmas messages and Christmas quotes below for you to choose from.
Make Your Recipient Laugh
If you’re sending a Christmas wish to someone close, a funny Christmas saying is perfect to include. It’s a holly jolly season after all!
Sign Off Your Card with Warm Christmas Wishes
Any Christmas card recipient deserves a warm sign-off. Tie up all your thoughts with one of our closings below. When selecting a closing for your greetings, keep your recipient in mind. For business holiday cards, use one of the last three professional sign-offs.
- Have a lovely Christmas
- God bless
- With all my love
- Remember the reason for the season
- Warmest wishes
- Merry Christmas
Now that you know the steps for crafting your own message, put all your Christmas gratitude into delightful messages for friends, family and more with our 75 Christmas greetings below.
75 Christmas Greetings to Spread Holiday Cheer
The wishes we bestow on the people around us aren’t always a breeze to come up with. Your beautiful Christmas bouquet gift needs a cheery note! We have Christmas greetings to inspire friends, touch loved ones, make someone laugh, observe religious traditions, and send warm wishes to your co-workers.
Merry Christmas Wishes to All
- Sending lots of peace and joy to you and your family this Christmas season.
- Have a cheerful Christmas! May the excitement of this season stretch into the New Year for you.
- Wishing you safe travels and that you become closer to all those that you treasure in your heart this Christmas season.
- Sharing warm and joyous wishes to each of you this Christmas.
- Praying you have a Christmas filled with miracles and memorable moments you’ll cherish forever.
- May your life be filled with warmth and good cheer this holiday season and throughout the New Year.
- If a large man in red shows up to your door trying to gift wrap you it’s because you’re on my Christmas wish list! Merry Christmas to you!
- Take this time to celebrate you and your family’s wishes. I hope this season and the New Year are filled with warmth, comfort and good cheer!
- Thinking of you with lots of love, hope, happiness and bliss. Thank you for giving me so many blessings this Christmas season.
- Cheers to a lovely and restful Christmas with your beautiful family. Enjoy this magical time of year!
Inspirational Christmas Messages
- Good tidings that the glorious message of peace and love fill your heart and mind this joyous holiday season.
- My Christmas wish came true — I get to spend it with you! Here’s to a splendid present and cherished past, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
- Be sure to count all your blessings this Christmas, as there are more than you think. You’re a blessing to many, and I treasure you very much!
- Christmas is surrounded by love, joy and hope. Pass along this message to everyone to spread the light of this wonderful holiday.
- The best present I could’ve asked for is spending time with you this Christmas. Thank you for your kindness and endless love.
- May this Christmas bring you many reasons to smile. Share this wonderful time of year with those near and dear to your heart.
- After the tree, ornaments and tinsel, the true meaning of Christmas shows. Gathering with family is incredibly special, Merry Christmas.
- It’s easy to be distracted by the rush Christmas brings. Remember its true meaning and you’ll enjoy this joyful season.
- It’s people like you who make this season so magical and bright. Have a wonderful Christmas!
- I don’t want much this Christmas, I just want the person reading this to feel loved. Have a wonderful holiday season!
Christmas Card Quotes
- “Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas… perhaps… means a little bit more!” – Dr. Seuss
- “Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.” – Janice Maeditere
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” – Charles Dickens
- “Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day.” – Helen Steiner Rice
- “It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.” – W.T. Ellis
- “A little smile, a word of cheer, A bit of love from someone near, A little gift from one held dear, Best wishes for the coming year… These make a Merry Christmas!” – John Greenleaf Whittier
- “At Christmas, all roads lead home.” – Marjorie Holmes
- “Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.” – Dale Evans
- “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” – Mother Teresa
- “Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.” – ‘The Polar Express’
Religious Christmas Messages
- Hark! The angels sing Glory to the newborn King! Peace to you this holiday season.
- God loves each and every one of us so much that he gifted us His son. Let us celebrate His birthday today and every day!
- Fill this Christmas with heavenly rejoices — as we are very blessed to have Christ forever in our hearts.
- Give thanks to the birth of our Savior and spend time today giving glory to God. This simple deed will make you and him happy.
- May Jesus Christ’s love surround you and your family especially during this holiday season. Merry Christmas!
- The angels bring good news this season that Christ has been born to crown us with the joy of heaven.
- Christmas is the time to open our hearts and minds towards God, as he brings us the greatest gift of all — our Savior. Have a blessed Christmas!
- Be thankful for all the blessings you have been gifted from God and Christ. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
- Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and that you recognize the presence of Jesus in your home and heart.
- Take the time to thank God for all His love for us. Entrust your life to the Lord and you will witness wonderful things. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Funny Christmas Sayings
- May the calories of the holidays disappear by New Year. Merry Christmas!
- I hope you get as lit as a tree this year.
- Let’s enjoy the Christmas season until our credit card bills arrive.
- Let’s be naughty and save Santa a trip.
- Check yo’ elf before you wreck yo’ elf.
- It’s all fun and games until Santa checks the naughty list.
- You have resting Grinch face.
- Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle.
- I’m dreaming of a white Christmas… but if the white runs outs, I’ll drink red.
- Dear Santa, just leave your credit card under the tree.
- Christmas is magical — all my money magically disappears.
- Dear Santa, I was good yesterday… that should count!
- “Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people once a year.” – Victor Borge
- “Christmas is a baby shower that went totally overboard.” – Andy Borowitz
- “Sending Christmas cards is a good way to let your friends and family know that you think they’re worth the price of a stamp.” – Melanie White
Short Christmas Greetings
- Many blessings and wishes to you.
- Wishing you peace and joy!
- Sending lots of love your way.
- Many Christmas hugs and kisses.
- Good tidings we bear to you and your family.
- I hope your Christmas is filled with laughter and prosperity.
- May Santa bring you all the best presents. Merry Christmas!
- Have a magical and blissful Christmas.
- Cheers to a lovely Christmas season.
- Merry Christmas from someone who loves you dearly.
Business Christmas Messages
Your Christmas messages to colleagues are meaningful. They’ll be thankful for your thoughtfulness. Send your warmest wishes (and even a stunning bouquet) to those who help you succeed.
Christmas Card Messages for Your Boss
- Good tidings to you and yours. May you have a lovely Christmas season.
- Thank you for your kindness and patience, as it’s a true gift this Christmas season. Happy holidays and have a wonderful New Year.
- With sincere appreciation for your hard work and dedication to our team, I wish you a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends.
- Merry Christmas! Your amazing mentorship is something to celebrate this season. Cheers to great teamwork and a happy New Year.
- During Christmas, our thoughts turn toward those who have made our progress possible. Thank you for everything you do and best wishes for you this holiday season.
Christmas Card Messages for Your Colleagues
- It has always been a pleasure to work with you. Sending you lots of joy this Christmas and New Year.
- The holidays are a wonderful time to remind you of how grateful I am to work with you. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
- You make work cheery and festive — just like this Christmas season. Thank you for all you do and best wishes.
- Enjoy a well deserved rest and time with family this Christmas. Have a healthy and happy holiday season!
- Having a coworker like you is truly a gift this Christmas. Have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends!
We hope you spread the love and cheer to all of those near and dear. Add a sparkle to your Christmas greeting with the addition of Christmas gift or poinsettia bouquet — you won’t regret it! Our season’s wish is that you indulge in family time and find a plethora of peace in your home. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!