Sometimes telling someone you’re sorry is not enough when it comes to expressing your apologies. Giving someone a bouquet of apology flowers is a genuine way to convey your feelings to someone you may have hurt and can make a large impact.
1. Leaft Your Spirits with Lily of the Valley
Lily of the valley is the best apology flower if you don’t know how to apologize to someone you hurt. This delicate white flower represents rebirth, which can be the result of a broken relationship if your apology is received well. It can express the start of a new chapter in the relationship and leave the past behind.
Best for: Lilies are the best apology flowers for a friend or your significant other.
2. Romantic Roses
If you aren’t sure of the perfect romantic apology bouquet for your significant other, pink roses are the way to go. It’s a simple way to express your affection for the other person, even through the past hardship and conflicts you may have been dealing with.
Best for: Roses are the best apology flowers for your significant other.
3. Wave the White Orchids
It’s important that your apology comes across as sincere as possible, which makes white orchids a solid choice as they represent sincerity. If the apology is following an argument with heavy aftermath, you should select a bundle of white orchids for your apology bouquet.
Best for: Orchids are the best apology flowers for a close friend or family member.
4. Caring Carnations
Pink carnations are fitting apology flowers for mending a hurt friendship. Whether you haven’t checked in on your friend in a while or have stood them up one too many times, carnations reflect that you appreciate your friend and will work to repair the relationship.
Best for: Carnations are the best apology flowers for a close friend.
5. Got the Blues Hyacinths
Blue hyacinths are known as the representative of peace, so it is an obvious choice of flower to use in an apology bouquet. This particular flower could be used if you had a falling out with a close friend or had a hurtful argument with a family member and you want to make peace with them.
Best for: Blue hyacinths are the best apology flowers for a close friend or family member.
6. Tried-and-True Tulips
Tulips represent forgiveness, which is all you hope for when it comes to making amends with a person who’s important to you. White tulips symbolize renewal, which makes them the perfect choice when used to repair a relationship with the chance of a better future.
Best for: Tulips are the best apology flowers for a close friend or family member.
Which Color Flowers Mean “Sorry”?
Not only are there apology flowers, but there are also colors that can signify that you’re sorry. Color psychology shows that certain colors can represent different emotions, so it’s best to pick flower colors that reflect your regret and hope of reconciliation. If combined, they can make your apology to someone even more heartfelt.
- White: The color white can have several meanings, two of which are sympathy and unity. To sympathize means to understand how the other person is feeling. If you can understand the other person’s emotions and actions, it can in turn help you navigate how to best approach them with an apology.
- Yellow: On a lighter note, the color yellow represents friendship and joy. Yellow flowers can be used to express a deep apology to a close friend you may have hurt or misunderstood.
- Pink: This romantic color represents gratitude and is a symbol of love. If given in a bouquet, pink flowers can mean that you not only love that person but appreciate them for who they are and what they mean to you.
- Blue: The color blue represents truth and hope. When it comes to a sincere apology, the best thing to do is be truthful and honest about how you feel toward the other person and hope they will forgive you for any wrongdoings.
9 Flowers for Forgiveness
When picking out flowers to give someone, you want to pick ones that reflect your sincere apology. Here are some forgiveness flowers that will speak for themselves:
- Spring crocus
- Lily of the valley
Buying a fresh bouquet of apology flowers for someone can impact how well your apology is received. Taking the time to reflect on your actions and your relationship can help better future arguments or hardships down the road!