Choosing the perfect flowers is an important part of the wedding planning process. From the beginning of the ceremony, when the flower girl scatters petals along the aisle, to when you cut into a mouth-watering cake that is delicately decorated with fresh blooms, they’re a prominent part of the decor. It’s the little floral details that truly make your day a real-life fairytale.
One unique way to incorporate flowers into your special day is by decorating your tables with a floral table runner. A flower table runner will look stunning and solve your problem of finding wedding table decor that matches the theme of your wedding.
Weave the same blooms you hand-picked for your bridal bouquet into a base of greenery to match the theme. By incorporating flowers that are in season, you’ll create a look that matches your wedding theme. To help you get started, we have six floral table runners that will spark your creativity. Browse through to find one that is best suited for your fairytale day.
Photo by: Dina Chmut
For a lush and vibrant look at your outdoor wedding, incorporate these deep pink and purple hues into a base of eucalyptus.
- Amaranth – Amaranth can be used both as a fresh bloom and in dried form. For a brighter fuschia color, catch this flower when it’s at its peak in mid-summer or early fall. If you want a toned-down amber color, opt for the dried version of this cascading flower.
- Rose – Red roses symbolize love and romance. This makes them the perfect choice for your wedding day table runner. Place a few at the top of your table runner for a well-rounded look.
- Dahlia – Dahlias are known for their vibrant colors, particularly their purples. These summer flowers bloom in a variety of sizes, so you’ll be able to fit them into your table runner, no matter how big or small your table is.
Photo by: Anna Marks Photography
If your style is more simplistic, recreate this classic floral table runner idea. Spread out eucalyptus along the length of the table and sprinkle in a few floral pops of color.
- Lilac – Lilacs are commonly found in bouquets due to their pale violet color and fragrant scent. If you have lilacs in your wedding bouquet or included purple as one of your wedding colors, try including this bloom in your table runner.
- Rose – Pink roses are a symbol of gratitude, grace, admiration and joy. Display your gratitude for all your friends and family taking part in the celebration of your love by including pink roses in your floral display.
- Orange – Oranges are a colorful fruit that have a peak winter season, but can be found year-round. If you choose to add a fun fruity touch, be sure to choose a fruit that has a skin and won’t wilt or attract bees throughout your event.
Photo by: Mindy Rice Designs
Red is known as the color of passionate love. Let the passion of your love show through on your wedding day by incorporating deep ruby red, scarlet and burgundy colored flowers in your tablescape.
- Ranunculus – Ranunculus flowers come in a variety of bright colors from brilliant yellows to softer pinks. The delicate layers of petals bloom in fall and early spring and are a popular choice due to their long shelf life.
- Amaryllis – Amaryllis flowers bloom from late December to late June. They come in shades of white, pink, salmon, orange and red. Amaryllis have a stunning and unique flower, making them a popular choice for decor.
- Garden Rose – There are many different types of roses to choose from when creating your wedding flower palette. Garden roses are divided into two categories: Old Garden Roses that bloom just once a year and Modern Garden Roses that bloom multiple times.
Photo by: Murphy and Grace
Intertwine pastel florals with textured greenery for an elegant and glamorous look on your wedding day. This simple combination is easy to recreate and adding candles is a simple way to produce stunning romantic mood lighting.
- Hydrangea – Hydrangea plants produce full bushels of blooms that flower from summer to fall. For a neutral filler flower that’s cost-effective, use hydrangeas in your floral table runner display.
- Succulent – Succulents are trendy plants that are a popular choice for wedding decorations, from bouquet additions to cake toppers. The beauty of these plants is that there are many types of succulents to choose from in a variety of shapes and colors.
- Peony – Peonies are a popular choice when it comes to wedding flowers. They bloom from April to June and come in pinks, reds, whites and yellows. Sprinkle a variety of colors throughout the table runner to complete the look.
Photo by: Lauren Fair Photography
For a wild and earthy look, create a cascading abundance of greenery throughout your table. Sprinkle pink and red florals throughout for a stunning pop of color.
- Rose – Roses are a classic and timeless flower. To add elegance to your wild and rustic display, incorporate these delicate but bright blooms.
- Astilbe – Astilbe, also known as false goat’s beard, is a spring and summer bloom that comes in pink and red hues. It’s known for attracting butterflies so adding astilbe to your floral table runner could invite these magical insects to your dinner spread.
- Hypericum Berries – For more texture, include bright red hypericum berries throughout the greenery. If children are in attendance, be sure they do not try to consume the berries because they are toxic to eat.
Photo by: DFW Events
A romantic and chic twist on the classic floral table runner idea is to tone back the greenery and let the flowers shine. Use neutral-colored blooms like cream, pink and violet to achieve an enchanted look.
- Garden rose – When it comes to garden roses, there are more than 100 different types of blooms, so you’ll be sure to find one that is unique for your floral table display. For this look, a rose in a light pink hue with many layered petals is the perfect choice!
- Stephanotis – Stephanotis are also known as Madagascar jasmine or Hawaiian wedding flowers. They are commonly selected for their strong floral scent and appealing star shape.
- Clematis – Clematis flowers come in beautiful purple hues and bloom in April and May. With more than 300 species to choose from, these pastel purple flowers are perfect for a spring wedding table runner.
Now that you have found your favorite floral table runner, recreate it with custom flowers for your wedding day. Browse our rose bouquets to find varieties of roses to supplement your table runner or gain more wedding flower inspiration from our wedding collection.