How adorable are flowers arranged in mason jars? When these flowers in jars arrived from FTD, I couldn’t wait to set them up on my dining table! The mix of daisies, petite purple flowers and sunflowers is a combination made for this season.
These jars can be kept and re-purposed in a multitude of ways. Here are three creative and summer-focused ways to reuse those adorable Jardin collection jars!
Summer Bucket List
This idea is simple, and ideal for a family with kids, but could also be translated to summer date nights for couples! Come up with a list of activities you want to do with your family during the summer. Using these jars will provide a way to stay organized, and have a jar full of memories by the end of the season.
- 2 Jardin Jars
- Popsicle Sticks or Tongue Depressors
- Paper and Tape
- Permanent Marker
- Write out your family bucket list.
- Copy one activity onto each stick.
- Label the jars with “Do” and “Did.”
- Place the sticks in the “Do” jar.
- Choose one and go have a fun day with family or friends.
- When you return, place that stick in the “Did” jar.
Planting succulents in a mason jar is a combination of a modern, trendy plant and a rustic, homemade look. These would be perfect as a centerpiece for outdoor dining. Reusing the mason jars as a succulent garden is easy and inexpensive.
- 3 Jardin Jars
- 3-5 Succulents ($2-4 each at a garden or home improvement store)
- Rocks or Pebbles
- Place 2 layers of rocks in the bottom of each jar.
- Follow with soil (leave a few inches at the top of the jar).
- Add 1-2 succulents to each jar.
- Water lightly.
- Place in a spot that allows plenty of sunlight.
Summer Essentials Gift Jars
Mason jars are a great vehicle for gifts and organized storage. These Summer Essentials jars can be used for a gift, or simply something to keep handy around the house. One is composed of snacks; one for summer sun protection and beauty; and one for a fun, colorful and summery table decoration. These are perfect for spontaneous trips to the beach or pool, or for a backyard party.
- 3 Jardin Jars
- Packaged Snacks (gum, granola bars, nuts, candy, crackers, etc.)
- Sun & Beauty (mini sunscreen, tanning lotion, makeup remover wipes, hair ties, nail polish)
- Summery Table Decoration (lemons, limes, colorful straws, mint)
- Group the related items together.
- Place each group into a jar.
- If using as a gift, tie a bow around the jar, or add a gift tag.
Those mason jars from the Jardin collection can be reused in such a wide variety of ways! Get creative and enjoy them throughout the summer.