Guys can be tough to shop for, and finding gifts for your boyfriend on Valentine’s Day can be especially difficult. Do you get him flowers? Do you get him something he needs (but that isn’t that exciting)? Something you can both enjoy together? If your boyfriend is a hopeless romantic he may love Valentine’s flowers, while other guys may not even know to put them in a vase with water.
Below we break down some popular Valentine’s Day gift ideas for boyfriends based on their interests. This should help you find something to show how much you care no matter what kinds of things your guy is into.
What Are the Best Valentine’s Gifts for a New Boyfriend?
If you’ve been together for a long time, you probably know the types of presents and romantic gestures your boyfriend appreciates. But if it’s a new relationship, finding the right Valentine’s Day gifts for him can be tricky.
Try surprising him with something fun like a gift basket or a small low-maintenance houseplant (succulents are very easy to take care of). A small stack of pre-made date ideas or “coupons” can also be a fun way to show him that you’re looking forward to spending more time together in the future. You can even accompany your gift with a card or a brief note that lets him know how much you care without worrying about a grand romantic gesture too early in the relationship.
Valentine’s Day Presents to Help Him Relax
These days most everyone could use a little more rest and relaxation. Why not treat your boyfriend to a Valentine’s gift that can help him unwind a little at the end of each day? You can pair any of the following gifts with a bouquet of fresh flowers to bring up his spirits throughout the next week!
- Monthly beer subscription – If your boyfriend enjoys craft beer, then a monthly subscription kit could be a great Valentine’s gift idea. There are many options, including subscription services that focus on local microbreweries as well as those that ship from different parts of the country. Either way, this can be a fun way to help your boyfriend discover new beers he loves while relaxing after work or on the weekend.
- Premium shaving kit – Want to help your boyfriend treat himself to a nice self-care regimen? Try a nice shaving kit with a straight razor, leather strop, high-quality shaving cream brush, and carrying case. (Or, if he wouldn’t have any use for a shaving kit, some beard oil, and a wooden comb can help him spruce up for your next date night.)
- Monthly clothing box – Want to give your boyfriend a little subtle fashion help for Valentine’s Day? There are countless subscription boxes that will deliver clothing, shoes, belts, and other fashion accessories specifically tailored to his style and needs to keep him looking sharp for the next year.
- Monthly car detailing box – Many men enjoy a clean and tidy vehicle. Some even find cleaning and detailing their car to be enjoyable and relaxing. A monthly car cleaning subscription box from GloveBox may be the perfect gift without breaking the bank and it is a gift that keeps giving.
Valentine’s Tech Gifts for Guys
Convenient tech gadgets almost always make for a great gift, especially if you’re looking for something fun and useful for your boyfriend for Valentine’s Day. You don’t have to go too expensive, either—below are a few easy tech gifts he’ll not only love, but he’ll also think about you every time he uses them:
- Wireless charging station – Everyone loves the convenience of wireless charging. Help him keep his devices’ batteries full with less clutter with a wireless charging pad.
- Bluetooth speaker – There are tons of Bluetooth speakers out there, including indoor and outdoor/waterproof varieties. If you really want to give your boyfriend a Valentine’s gift he won’t forget, pair a new Bluetooth speaker with a sweet note and a custom playlist you cultivated just for him.
- Electronically heated mug – Valentine’s Day falls right in the middle of the cold winter months. Give him a heated mug to keep his coffee or tea warm while he works or studies (or while you’re both curled up on the couch watching romantic movies).
What Should You Buy Your Gamer Boyfriend for Valentine’s Day?
More of a gamer than a techie? (It’s a cliche but sometimes it’s true: lots of guys like video games.) These Valentine’s gifts will help him stay on the top of his game.
- Wireless headset – Whether he’s a computer or console gamer, a good wireless headset will make it easier to chat with his friends while he’s playing, and he’ll love the extra convenience and mobility a cordless option offers.
- Rechargeable controller – A good rechargeable controller will make sure he never runs out of steam in the middle of a game. (Plus, the savings on batteries can really add up over time.)
- Roku or Amazon Fire Stick – This one’s not technically a “gamer” gift, but it will help him keep his devices streamlined and connected, especially on any TV not already connected to a console. If you like to cuddle on the couch and watch a movie or the latest buzz-worthy TV show, these streaming devices are a must.
Want to add that extra touch to a tech gift for your boyfriend for Valentine’s Day? Sneak one of the above presents into a gift basket filled with sweets and snacks. Whether you’re planning a night in watching movies or he’s gaming with friends over the weekend, Valentine’s Day food gifts give everyone something fun to snack on. He’ll appreciate the savory snacks in a meat and cheese basket to keep him going during a long game session or try some Godiva chocolate-covered strawberries to add a decadent touch to a night in together.
Low-Maintenance Plants Make Great Valentine’s Gifts for Him
If you’re looking for a present for a boyfriend with a green thumb on Valentine’s Day, why not switch up the traditional gift of flowers with a houseplant instead? Spathiphyllum plants offer the best of both worlds, with their thick, bright green leaves periodically flowering with white peace lilies.
Low-maintenance plants like succulents, air plants, and cacti also make for a fun and surprising Valentine’s Day plants for a boyfriend or significant other. These plants can be a great way to freshen up a room or small apartment while adding a burst of life and color. They’re also so easy to take care of that they can be good starter plants for someone who hasn’t had much experience with indoor greenery or gardening.
Valentine’s Ideas for the Outdoorsman
Does your guy love to camp, hike, or just generally spend time in nature? Try one of the following ideas to help him make the most of his time outdoors:
- Compact sleeping pad – A good backpack-ready sleeping pad doesn’t take up much space, and it will help him get a better night’s sleep when he goes camping.
- Solar-powered camping light – No one likes to run out of daylight when they’re hiking or camping. Make sure he doesn’t get caught in the dark with a rechargeable solar-powered lantern.
- Collapsible 2-person camping chair – If you both like to go hiking and camping together, then there’s no better way to cuddle up by the campfire. Many versions of camping “loveseats” collapse down to sizes smaller than two separate camping chairs together, making it easy to get close on trips to the campsite while also cutting down on packing space.
Valentine’s Gifts for Active Guys
If your boyfriend likes to keep active with lots of recreational sports, running, or exercise, there are endless possible Valentine’s gifts he will love. Help him stay active in the height of comfort and convenience with some of the following gifts he may not otherwise buy for himself:
- Wireless headphones – If he doesn’t already have a good pair of wireless headphones, this can be a great Valentine’s gift for your boyfriend. Even if he already has a pair of standard AirPods or something to use around the house, he’s sure to appreciate a wire-free option that’s specifically designed for intense activity. Water-resistant, ear-molded wireless headphones will stay on more securely and last longer when being subjected to active outdoor use.
- Electronic foot or neck massagers – If you’ve never owned an electronic shiatsu massager, you may not realize how much of a difference they can make in helping you recover from intense exercise. Whether it’s a floor massager to slip his feet into at the end of a long day or a pillow-style massager he can use to target different points on his back and neck, this is one Valentine’s gift your boyfriend will be thanking you for months to come.
- Acupressure mat – Acupressure mats contain many small, plastic circles with tiny acupuncture points attached. They are padded so that when you lay down on them (usually on the bed or floor) they’ll contour to your body shape, giving you a refreshing acupressure massage. This is a great gift idea for anyone who suffers from generally stiff muscles or just needs help winding down and relaxing before bed.
So make this Valentine’s Day special and give your boyfriend something thoughtful, meaningful, and rememberable!