“A man may work from dusk to dawn, but a woman’s work is never done.”
Undoubtedly, moms deserve to be celebrated because they’re always putting others ahead of themselves. Mother’s Day is the perfect opportunity to stop and reflect on all of her hard work.
Of course, Mother’s Day isn’t just a day for celebrating your own mother. It’s a day for honoring all the women in your life who support and nurture you, from your sister to your grandmother. It’s also a chance to wish a happy Mother’s Day to your mother-in-law, whose loving care helped shape the person you chose to marry.
Sometimes, the best way to thank mom is with a simple and heartfelt message. Not all of us can write like Shakespeare, and it can be difficult to put our feelings into words. That’s why we’ve gathered a 56 positive and happy Mother’s Day messages and quotes to inspire you.
Messages for your mother
She carried you for nine months, and on her hip for a few years after. She carries you in her heart always. These messages are beautiful, sweet, and thoughtful—just like your mom.
- “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” – Mahatma Gandhi
- There’s nothing like a mother’s love to give us all the strength we need to succeed. Thanks for everything, Mom.
- Because of you, I am me. Happy Mother’s Day!
- May your Mother’s Day be filled with as much happiness as you brought to my childhood.
- Thanks for giving me the best things in life: Your love, your care, and your cooking. Happy Mother’s Day!
- You gave me the gift of life so our gifts to you pale in comparison. Happy Mother’s Day!
Messages for your grandmother
As the matriarch of the family, Grandma was always the one who let you have dessert first, because what happens at grandma’s house stays at grandma’s house. Thank her for all the laughs and hugs with a special message or quote acknowledging how much she means to you.
- Thinking of you on Mother’s Day and wishing you lots of love.
- Happy Mother’s Day to a wonderful woman who’s such an inspiration to us all.
- “A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” – Tenneva Jordan
- Your home is the setting of some of my happiest memories. Happy Mother’s Day!
- I just want you to know how special and fortunate I find myself to be blessed with a grandma as loving, caring and wonderful as you.
- I’m thankful to have you as a role-model. You have created a legacy that I plan to continue with my own grandchildren.
Messages for your mother-in-law
She must have done something right, since you fell in love with her son or daughter. Wish your mother-in-law a happy Mother’s Day to let her know how thankful you are to her for the person you fell in love with, and for all the ways she continues to contribute to your family’s happiness.
- Can’t thank you enough for giving me the love of my life!
- For all you’ve done, we should make every day Mother’s Day!
- Although I hope you already know, my love for you just grows and grows!
- For all that you do and for all that you are to us, we say thank you. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Even though it is by marriage that we are connected, you are more than just an in law to me. You are like a second mom.
Messages for your long-distance mom
In these modern days, we don’t always stay close to home. A little gesture like a note from you on Mother’s Day or delivered flowers will remind her that you still think of her, despite the distance. Facetime is great, but a handwritten note will really bring you close across the miles.
- “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” —Dorothy Canfield Fisher
- Home is where your mom is.
- “I love my mother as trees loves water and sunshine. She helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights.” —Terry Guillemets
- There’s a reason some people think they can achieve anything. They listened to their mother.
- Mom, I cannot thank you enough for what you have done me. You were always there when I needed you the most.
- I love you and I always will, no matter age or distance. Happy Mother’s Day!
Messages for the new mom
The first year, with those sleepless nights and change in identity, can be as emotional as they are wonderful. Encourage her with with a quote or saying to let her know she’s doing a great job, and will keep her going through those long nights when the baby wakes up every hour.
- On your first Mother’s Day, take time to celebrate where you are today and how much you have to look forward to in the future.
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” —Jill Churchill
- Being a mom for the first time is wonderful. You have been blessed with an incredible experience that will last a lifetime. I wish you congratulations on your first Mother’s Day.
- There will be so many times you feel like you’ve failed. But in the eyes, heart, and mind of your child you are SuperMom.
Messages for the mother-to-be
Motherhood starts during pregnancy, and the mother-to-be has already put a tremendous amount of thought and care into her baby. From the countless doctor’s visits, watching what she eats, and planning for the future of her child she deserves a nod on Mother’s Day too.
- “Making a decision to have a child–it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
- Happy Mother’s Day to our favorite mom-to-be with lots of love and anticipation.
- No other gift in the world will be more special than the gift of motherhood. You’re going to be a great mom! Wishing you a happy Mother’s Day.
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” – Robert Browning
Messages for your wife
Being a good wife and good mother is a delicate balancing act. Let your wife know what an amazing mother you think she is with these sayings that express the importance of motherhood, and acknowledge all the hard work that it takes.
- “A good mother is irreplaceable.” – Adriana Trigiani
- It’s no wonder that such a wonderful wife turned out to be such a wonderful mother too!
- Thanks for being there through the tears, laughter and dirty diapers. Thank you for all the ways you go above and beyond every day for our family. We are so lucky to have you. Happy Mother’s Day!
- You really are an amazing wife and mother. I’m so grateful to be sharing life and parenthood with someone as fun and creative as you.
Messages for your sister
Sisters share a unique bond, so watching your sister become a mother is a powerful thing to observe and Mother’s Day is the best time to tell her what an excellent job she’s doing.
- Celebrating the amazing mom you are to your own kids and the wonderful aunt you are to mine!
- You have been a great blessing in my life and in the lives of your own family. I’m so proud to call you my sister! Happy Mother’s Day!
- The very things that have helped you to turn into an awesome mom are the exact same things that have made you the best sister ever! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Sisters like you are priceless. You have been a wonderful influence on me since I was born, and I know your own children must feel the same way.
Messages for your daughter
You’re so proud of the person your daughter has become, and of the loving mother she turned out to be. She had you as an example to look up to, and words of praise or comfort will mean more coming from you than from anyone else.
- You’re not just my child. You are a mother. You are woman with her own responsibilities, tests, and experiences. You are an influence in the lives of your own children and in your family. May you continue to enjoy the success that you have experienced as a result of taking on the name Mother! Happy Mother’s Day, Daughter!
- Where did the time go? One day you were my little one and the next day, it seemed, you had your own little one. I’ve loved every minute of having you in my life and wish you that same happiness with your own family. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Dear Daughter, If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes. I see an incredible mother and I am so proud of the woman you have become.
- You are a wonderful, patient, caring, amazing mom. I couldn’t be more proud to call you my daughter!
Messages for your friend
You know the truth behind that gorgeous family picture which involved a toddler meltdown just a few minutes earlier. Give your supermom friend a big round of applause with a special note on Mother’s Day with one of these sayings.
- One of the things I admire most about you is the dedication and effort with which you raise your children. Thanks for your great friendship and for being such a great example. Happy Mother’s Day!
- I always think of you when I use your special trick for getting berry stains out of the kid’s clothes. Your sage advice has helped me survive, and I have you to thank. Happy Mother’s Day to a wonderful mom and friend!
- Your children are so loving, patient, and kind. I know your love and dedication as a mother have made them the incredible people I know them to be. You’re doing a great job. Happy Mother’s Day!
- To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you might just be the world. I always knew you’d be a great mom someday.
Messages for a close family member
Maybe it’s your sister-in-law or a cousin you grew up with who inspires you with their dedication to and love for their family. Take a moment on Mother’s Day to let her know you’ve noticed all the effort she puts into being a good mom. She deserves it!
- May all the love that you give to others come back to you on this special day.
- “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.”– Susan Gale
- I learn from you every time I am with you. I enjoy hearing your stories and watching you to see how you handle different situations.
- Being a woman is not an easy thing, and being a mother is even more difficult. You’re a wonderful woman and an even more wonderful mother. Happy Mother’s Day!
Messages for that special person who’s been a mother figure to you
Sometimes a mom isn’t the person who raised us; it’s a professional mentor or older woman who has carved time out of her life to make us feel important and special. Return the favor and make her feel important and special with a Mother’s Day note and a thoughtful message.
- I want you to know you are a very special part of my life. Thank you for your love and support.
- You have played such an important part in my life and because of you, I am the person that I am today. I’m so thankful that you’re like a mom to me in every way! Happy Mother’s Day!
- “Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.” —Robert A. Heinlein
- No one has had a bigger influence on my life than you. Happy Mother’s Day!
- You have been the mother that I need. Even though you didn’t birth me, you’ve been a wonderful “mother” to me! Happy Mother’s Day!
This Mother’s Day let the world know just how much you appreciate your mom and why you love her. We’ve made it easier for you with this Instagrammable image. Tag your mom in it, and indicate in the caption exactly why you love her. Your public message will certainly bring a smile to her face this Mother’s Day.
Mothers make sacrifices for their family without expecting anything in return. They are just happy to see you happy. A little show of appreciation goes a long way, and while you can certainly turn Mother’s Day into a big event, simply hearing from you will make mom smile.
Perfect as Mother’s Day card messages, these positive words can be paired with a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers to communicate how grateful you are for everything your mom has done, and how lucky you feel to have her in your life.
Buzzfeed.com | wellhappypeaceful.com | brainyquote.com | mothersdaycelebration.com | lifelovebeauty.com | parade.com | www.homemade-gifts-made-easy.com | wikihow.com | momtastic.com | greetingcardpoet.com | tescoliving.com | cardmessages.com 1, 2, 3 | goodmorningquote.com | todaytip.net | realsimple.com | wishesquotes.com | brandongaille.com | semidelicatebalance.com | whattoexpect.com | onetip.net | bestcardmessages.com | wishesmessagessayings.com | greeting-card-messages.com