Being kind not only has a direct effect on others, but it has a positive impact on yourself as well. Everybody can use a little bit of kindness in their life, and with World Kindness Day right around the corner, it is about time to start spreading the love. Kindness starts with you and with kindness quotes, it’s easy to spread a little love.
Of course, being kind is pretty self-explanatory, but there are a variety of ways that you can express it. Whether it is opening a door for someone or delivering a bouquet of flowers, kindness can have a greater impact than you think. It is one of the greatest attributes that someone can have. And, with quotes about kindness, you can help spread that beauty.
Being kind goes a long way. Have you been kind today?
Quotes on Kindness and Generosity
- “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” – Jackie Chan
- “Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.” – Harold S. Kushner
- “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Princess Diana
- “Because that’s what kindness is. It’s not doing something for someone else because they can’t, but because you can.” – Andrew Iskander
- “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” – Scott Adams
- “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” – Barbara De Angelis
- “What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- “You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.” – Pubilius Syrus
- “Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind.” – Eric Hoffer
- “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.” – Charles Glassman
- “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” – Amelia Earhart
- “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.” – Bob Kerrey
Thank You Quotes
- “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.” – Henry Van Dyke
- “Kindness is a passport that opens doors and fashions friends. It softens hearts and molds relationships that can last lifetimes.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money.” – John Ruskin
- “The words of kindness are more healing to a drooping heart than balm or honey.” – Sarah Fielding
- “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Kindness is like snow- It beautifies everything it covers.” – Kahlil Gibran
- Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu
- “Kindness is the sunshine in which virtue grows.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
- “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” – Mark Twain
- “Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.” – Theodore Isaac Rubin
- “Kindness makes you the most beautiful person in the world, no matter what you look like.” – Anonymous
- “Kindness is always fashionable, and always welcome.” – Amelia Barr
- “Kindness and politeness are not overrated at all. They’re underused.” – Tommy Lee Jones
- “I’ve been searching for ways to heal myself, and I’ve found that kindness is the best way.” – Lady Gaga
- “Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.” – Henry James
Write a Kind Quote + Free Printable Card
This World Kindness Day let those around you know how much you care. You can do this by helping others through selfless acts likes delivering a bouquet of flowers or sending a handwritten card. Just letting someone know you are there for them can go a long way.
To help make this easier, we have created a printable card so that you can write your own kindness quote to send to a friend, relative or even co-worker. Check out our featured Sunny Sentiments bouquet or browse our collection of Just Because bouquets for more ideas on how to spread your kindness to the world.
Click the button below to download our free printable card!