The 2022 holiday season is here! This means that it is time to start making those holiday gift lists, checking them twice, and finding out which stores are naughty and nice when it comes to their Cyber Monday Deals. We know that most of the shopping deal love gets doled out to Black Friday, but Cyber Monday is not a day to be overlooked. So, let us help you understand the shopping day a little bit more, that way you can really maximize savings as much as possible!
When is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday falls on the Monday following the Thanksgiving holiday. That means in 2022, since Thanksgiving is on Thursday, November 24th, Cyber Monday is November 28th. There are only a few weeks left to start researching, finding the deals you want, and ensuring that you are buying for everyone on your holiday lists. So, think about who you have on your list, what stores and websites they frequent, and how you can make sure you check them off one by one this shopping season.
History of Cyber Monday
Cyber Monday is a term that refers to the Monday following Thanksgiving weekend. It is frequently clocked as the second-biggest shopping day of the year, and the biggest shopping day for online sales. But how did this tradition come to be? Well, back in 2005, the term was coined by Ellen Davis of the National Retail Federation. The term made its debut in a press release titled “Cyber Monday,” and it talked all about shopping online and the deals you could find online the Monday after Thanksgiving. Though the press release helped to kick off this tradition and give it a name, it was really just a reflection of the shopping trends that were observed a few years prior. The trends proved that without fail, online revenue and e-commerce traffic spiked the Monday following Thanksgiving. Chalk it up to The Monday Blues, or the fact that the end of Thanksgiving means gift-giving holidays are on the horizon. But whatever it was, it helped to start a deal-snagging tradition.
Why is it referred to as Cyber Monday?
We wish that we could give you a lengthy, meaningful explanation, but the meaning behind how Cyber Monday got its name is rather self-explanatory. The sales are all online only (hence, “cyber”) and they happen to fall on a Monday. Easy as that.
When do retailers generally publish Cyber Monday deals?
With each passing calendar year, retailers seem to be publishing Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday deals earlier and earlier. This allows you to plan well in advance what you want to buy, where you need to go, or what websites you should be visiting and when. In today’s world, the ability to gain knowledge is always at our fingertips. Retailers will often send out email blasts, text messages, or posts on their social media to tell you about deals, inform you of when they start, and help you find the perfect items at discounted rates. So, be sure to keep an eye on those inboxes starting early- to mid-November!
Quick Tips for Cyber Monday Shopping
We know that shopping on Cyber Monday may be overwhelming, and can prove to be stressful if you aren’t sure which websites to be visiting. So, that is why we have created a helpful list of quick tips to make shopping this Cyber Monday a breeze.
- Make a list: It’s best to begin by making a list of the items you’re looking for, or the sites and businesses you like and shop with often. Once you have a list, you can reference it and will have an easier time finding the right items and remembering the sites you want to visit for Cyber Monday.
- Sign up for newsletters: Oftentimes, newsletter subscribers have early advantages or additional discounts to apply to sales. If not, then they for sure know about the sales before a regular shopper or browser does. Create a specific email for business newsletters, that way it is easier to sift through, and you won’t be missing any major money-saving deals. You can even sign up for FTD’s email deals by inputting your email address on the top-right of this page on desktop, or just below this article on mobile.
- Follow your favorite stores and brands on social media: When you are connected on social media, it gives you another helpful channel of finding deals and seeing what each company has to offer for their Cyber Monday deals.
Some more quick tips to Cyber Monday shopping in 2022:
- Plan ahead and make a list of the Cyber Monday 2022 gifts and items you want to buy. This will help you stay focused and avoid overspending.
- Review the return policy before purchasing.
- Compare prices between different retailers to find the best deals.
- Check for online coupons and promo codes to get additional savings.
- Be aware of scams and only purchase from reputable websites.
- Pay with a credit card so you can dispute any unauthorized charges.
We know that this isn’t an exhaustive list, but it is one that will help you to get a good start on being as prepared as possible for Cyber Monday!
Shop Cyber Monday Deals at FTD
We hope that you score all the deals you are hoping to get, and that you are able to snag something for everyone on your list (including yourself) this holiday season. Know that during the holidays, FTD has all you need to make your home festive and beautiful. From our stunning holiday floral arrangements, to our blooming plants, our gourmet gifts, and delicious treats, we have it all. Shop all flowers with FTD to get the best deals on flowers, whether you’re looking for Black Friday flower deals or Cyber Monday flower deals.