Every year you hear that the holidays are the most wonderful time of the year. However, most people fail to mention that they are also the busiest time of the year. Between holiday parties, buying your gifts, wrapping your gifts, and everything else during the holiday season, extra time to cook and bake is hard to come by. Here is a quick and easy recipe to make your own peppermint bark. This treat will last you for a long time during the holiday season and can be a quick go-to gift when you are way past last minute.
Ingredients for Your Peppermint Bark
The measurements on this one are really up to you. You can make as much or as little as you want but keep it spread thin so it break easily. Here’s what I used:
1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 bag white chocolate morsels or 1/2 lb almond bark
3 large Peppermint Candy Canes or Peppermint Sticks (add more if you use the tiny ones)
Steps for Making Your Peppermint Bark
1. Prepare cookie sheet with wax paper.
2. Crush peppermint candy canes in blender or with a hammer until fine
3. Melt your favorite dark chocolate and spread on wax paper (I prefer the microwave to a double boiler but always melt chocolate at 50% power so it doesn’t burn. 30 seconds at a time and stir
4. Allow to set for about 20 minutes or speedup the process with a few minutes in the fridge
5. Melt white chocolate (Don’t forget to melt at 50%! – white chocolate is even more temperamental)
6. Add ½ of crushed peppermint and spread evenly on top of dark chocolate
7. Quickly sprinkle the rest of the peppermint before white chocolate hardens. If you’re too slow you can always put the whole cookie sheet in the oven for 30 seconds to 1 minute to warm so it all sticks together again!
If you want something even easier than this – check out our Chocolate Dip Delights Sweet Sensation Gift Box!