Out with the old and in with the new! Starting the new year off with more motivation, positivity and some resolutions will ensure 2021 is your year! To give you a head start and a sprinkle of inspiration, we’ve rounded up some of the best Happy New Year quotes to shout after the ball drops.
This year has been a stressful one — so whether you’re ringing in the new year with your other half or with close friends, we have all the best greetings, blessings and quotes to kiss 2020 goodbye and say “hello” to 2021!
Won’t be with a loved one this holiday season? Write any of these Happy New Year quotes on a greeting card to remind them that you’re thinking of them this new year! Wondering what to write in a Happy New Year card? Use any of the following Happy New Year quotes, greetings, and warm wishes to inspire you!
Happy New Year Wishes & Greetings
If you’re wondering how to wish someone a Happy New Year, a great way to say it is with warm greetings and memorable sayings. Pick your favorite Happy New Year wishes to say to coworkers, neighbors or anyone you’d like to show you care.
- Happy New Year! Let’s toast to yesterday’s achievements and tomorrow’s bright future.
- Wishing you health, wealth, and happiness in the New Year ahead.
- Wishing a very Happy New Year to the one who adds sunshine to our family.
- May 2021 be an extraordinary one!
- May every day of the new year inspire you to grow!
- Wave goodbye to the old and embrace the new with hope, dreams, and ambition. Wishing you a Happy New Year full of happiness!
- Happy New Year! I hope all your dreams come true in 2021 — onwards and upwards!
- May the new year bring all the good things in life you truly deserve. You had an amazing year already and you’re going to have another more amazing one!
- May the coming year be the most fruitful year of our lives. Happy New Year to all!
- May the New Year start with fresh joys and a life filled with peace. May you experience warmth and togetherness and prosperity too. Happy New Year!
- Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a Happy New Year. May peace, love, and prosperity follow you always.
- May the 12 months of the New Year be full of new achievements for you. May the days be filled with eternal happiness for you and your family!
Motivational New Year’s Resolution Quotes
What’s your resolution for 2021? Whether you seek a new challenge in your career, want to hit a new financial milestone or just want to get back on your fitness grind, we have some inspiring New Year’s resolution quotes that will fire you up.
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
- “We all get the exact same 365 days. The only difference is what we do with them.” – Hillary DePiano
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
- “Congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places! You’re off and away! You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present a new place for new ideas.” – Charles Kettering
- “Each year’s regrets are envelopes in which messages of hope are found for the new year.” – John R. Dallas Jr.
- “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals; adjust the action steps.” – Confucius
- “There is no failure except no longer trying.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “You will never win if you never begin.” – Helen Rowland
- “I do not believe a man can ever leave his business. He ought to think of it by day and dream of it by night.” – Henry Ford
- “New beginnings are in order, and you are bound to feel some level of excitement as new chances come your way.” – Auliq Ice
- “Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” – Helen Keller
- “The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.” – Melody Beattie
- “New year—a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours.” – Alex Morritt
- “You’ve always had the power, my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.” – The Wizard of Oz
- “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.” – Taylor Swift
Funny Happy New Year Wishes & Quotes
If you’re known as the comedian in the friend group, try these funny Happy New Year wishes to share. Once you’ve got the whole group laughing, toast to another year of fond memories and fun!
- Here’s to a new year doing the same old habits.
- A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.
- Last year’s resolution was to lose 20 pounds by Christmas. Only 30 pounds to go.
- Remember when we were young and wanted to stay up for New Year’s? Now we’re old and all we want to do is sleep.
- Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits.
- May the New Year bring you significantly more joy than the holidays did.
- Happy New Year! Let’s eat, drink, and be merry — for tomorrow we diet!
- All I wish this new eve comes with a lot of joys for you since you look ugly while crying. Happy New Year!
- May this New Year bring actual change in you, nor recurrence of old habits in a new package.
- I think I made too many New Year’s resolutions this year. It took me almost a full day to break them all.
- “An optimist stays up till midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” – Bill Vaughn
- “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.” – Joey Adams
- “First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average…which means, you have met your New Year’s resolution.” – Jay Leno
- “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.” – Oscar Wilde
- “What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year.” – Vern McLellan
Happy New Year Wishes for Friends
Friendship can be the greatest gift for a new year, and as friends come and go, reflect on your relationships that stood the test of time. Raise a glass to many more years together with these Happy New Year wishes perfect for friends.
- Becoming your friend was the best thing I’ve done in the last year. I’d love to keep this friendship alive for the rest of my life!
- 365 new days. 365 new chances!
- I wish you pure joy, laughter and peace of mind in this New Year. Happy New Year!
- Since we’re going into a new year, I’d like to tell you all that it’s only because of you that I’m living my life to its fullest. I wish you all a Happy New Year.
- Happy New Year, dear friend. Don’t forget the past, learn from it and go out strong for your dreams and future. My best wishes are with you.
- Friends bring happiness throughout the year. Especially a friend like you! Happy New Year!
- A New Year has tiptoed in. Let’s go forward and meet it together!
- “Stir the eggnog, lift the toddy, Happy New Year everybody! “ – Phyllis McGinley
- “Tonight’s another chance to start again. It’s just another New Year’s Eve. Another night like the rest. It’s just another New Year’s Eve. Let’s make it the best!” – Barry Manilow
- “A new year. A fresh, clean start! It’s like having a big white sheet of paper to draw on! A day full of possibilities!” – Bill Watterson
- “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I don’t care if we have our house, or a cliff ledge, or a cardboard box. Home is wherever we all are, together.” – James Patterson
- “Home is where you are loved the most and act the worst.” – Marjorie Pay Hinckley
- “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: Someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” – Tom Bodett
- “Let us be grateful for the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
- “Every day I feel it is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Everything is beautiful.” – Prince
Happy New Year Greetings for Your Love
As a couple, NYE can be one of the most romantic celebrations because you’re toasting to spending the next chapter together. Wow your special person by sharing a Happy New Year blessing or writing them a letter that will put a smile on their face right after you count down to 2021.
- You made last year so special for me. It is my greatest wish that this coming year is special for you.
- This New Year I cannot promise to ward off all the woes that life may send your way. But I promise to be by your side always and share them all with you.
- Wishing for a better year with new opportunities and beautiful moments. Happy New Year, my love. Let’s have a great year ahead.
- Let us take a vow to never let each other go no matter where life takes us. May our love triumph over all odds in life. Happy New Year!
- Years will come and go, but my love for you will always be the same. It will never stop to grow as long as there is a tomorrow. Happy New Year!
- When I think of you, my heart overflows with joy and pleasure. I have fallen more in love with you every year. This new year will not be an exception. Happy New Year, my love!
- I realized that each year our love becomes bigger. I wish that we could have a happy year to live our love.
- May all failures, sorrow, and troubles stay behind in the passing year. And may they leave a lot of room in your life for laughter and happiness. Happy New Year, my love!
- Your love is the light that will illuminate all my days with happiness this New Year.
- You have given me nothing but love and support and I wish I will be able to give you that, too. That is my New Year’s resolution. Happy New Year!
New Year Greetings for Family
If you’re celebrating the New Year with your family, wish each other or give a family member who lives far away a call ready with a warm wish for them on New Year’s Eve.
- It’s amazing to be part of a family that has so many beautiful people in it. I love you all. Happy New Year!
- I am so proud of you my little ones, here’s to another year of precious moments.
- Seasons change; years come and go but our family grows stronger.
- Our family has made my life bright and I love to celebrate the New Year with all of you by my side.
- Friends come and go but family is forever. Happy New Year to you all!
- Although we may have our ups and downs, I know we will always support each other. Here’s to another year and our wonderful family!
- We are blessed to have each other, I could not be any more thankful. May this year bring us success and good health.
- In this loveliest of seasons may you find many reasons for happiness. Wishing you a very Happy New Year, and sending lots of love!
- Here’s to another year of laughs, memories and good food!
- Wishing you peace, love and laughter in the New Year.
Saying “Happy New Year” in Different Languages
If you want to wish international clients or friends a Happy New Year use one of the most common Happy New Year quotes in different languages.
- French – Bonne Année
- Spanish – ¡Feliz Año Nuevo!
- Polish – Szczesliwego Nowego Roku
- Portuguese – Feliz Ano Novo
- Russian – S novym godom
- Hawaiin – Hauʻoli makahiki hou
- Icelandic – Gleðilegt nýtt ár
- Japanese – あけましておめでとう
- Mandarin – Xin Nian Kuai Le
- Turkish – Mutlu yıllar
- Czech – Sťastný nový rok
- Danish – Godt nytår
- Welsh – Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
- Italian – Buon anno
- German – Frohes Neues Jahr
- Dutch – Gelukkig Nieuwjaar
- Finnish – Hyvää uutta vuotta
- Norwegian – Godt nytt år
The new year is a time to reflect on achievements and relationships in the past and look forward to the future! Congratulate or thank someone who impacted you in 2020 with a greeting that shows your appreciation and warmly welcomes the new year. Looking to go above and beyond this NYE? Give a New Year’s eve gift that is perfect for the occasion. Check out some of our glam floral bouquets for another way to wish a very Happy New Year.